The first novel, Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone was released on the 26th June 1997. Since February of 2018 500 million copies have sold worldwide and they have been translated into 80 different languages making them the best selling book series in history.
In 2016 the Harry Potter franchise was valued at about $26 billion making it one of the highest grossing media franchises of all time.
- The Philosophers Stone- 1997
- The Chamber of Secrets- 1998
- The Prisoner of Azkaban- 1999
- The Goblet of Fire– 2000
- The Order of the Phoenix- 2003
- The Half Blood Prince- 2005
- The Deathly Hallows- 2007